Sunday 14 March 2010

Addictions

Successful treatment for addictions and addictive behaviour such as gambling, drugs and drinking excess alcohol in Poole, Bournemouth, Wimborne and Dorset using hypnotherapy and hypnosis.

Being addicted to something is a dependence on a behaviour or substance that a person is powerless to stop; the feeling of being out of control.

The two most common substance addictions are:

Alcoholism:
Drug abuse:

Others include:

* Gambling: Click here for testimonial about gambling
* Eating
* Shopping
* Spending
* Sexual activity

Testimonial about gambling

‘I have a long standing gambling addiction which I am in desperate need of removing from my life. It interferes with my comfort and integrity to the extent that I am now finding it unbearable.’

This was the email I sent to Rob in January this year when the gambling was at its worst. I started a course of analytical hypnotherapy a few weeks after and it has changed my life. I am no longer lured by the flashing lights of the fruit machines or feel the need to go into the bookies. I also have a new found respect for my money and the fact that I no longer have to cover up my gambling means I don’t have lie to my wife and family. Things couldn’t be better for us.
Rick

Addictions are always destructive and can cause physical, mental, emotional and social problems. This can destroy relationships with both family and friends and subsequently lead to a lonely existence.

The person with an addiction may well be in denial of their problems and so ignore their symptoms, even when those symptoms are staring them straight in the face. They may find that not only are they lying to other people about their addiction they also start lying to themselves.

The first step of any recovery from an addiction is recognising that there is a problem. Once this has been established then the healing process can begin.

How can Hypnotherapy help?

Similar drives or urges are responsible for addictions; whether it be to alcohol, gambling, drugs etc. Whatever the addiction, it is often driven by an inner need that usually responds well to hypno-analysis (Analytical Hypnotherapy)

http://www.wessexhypnotherapy.com/addictions.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment